About Legal Edge Translation
Our expertise comes from the experience.
LegalEdgeTranslation.com is a translation and interpretation site owned and operated by Linc 21, Inc. Founded in 1989 in California, moved its office to Las Vegas, Nevada in 2014, Linc 21, Inc. has been connecting business between Japan and the United States for more than 30 years.
Mieko Hirai Braun J.D. is the president of Linc 21, Inc. She is a native Japanese, born and educated in Kobe, Japan, came to the United State in 1986. She has been working as a business consultant and Japanese-English interpreter both in Japan and the United States for 3 decades.
In a consultant capacity, she negotiated various types of exclusive licensing or distribution agreements on behalf of Japanese companies who were seeking business partners in the United States. These agreements grant the Japanese companies exclusive license or distribution rights of the US services or products in the territory of Japan. The followings are a few of the companies she negotiated on behalf of her clients:
- Atlantic Richfield Company and then Kyodo Oil Company to establish an initial operation of am/pm Japan: am/pm Minimart franchise chain in Japan.
- Major clients include Konami Sports & Life, the largest Japanese Fitness Club chain which has over 200 locations in Japan, a subsidiary of a leading Japanese gaming company, Konami Corporation.
Educated with juris doctorate, she also has an extensive experience working as a Japanese document investigator in litigations and legal proceedings, identifying legally significant Japanese documents in discovery phase, translating key documents into English, and interpreting depositions of Japanese witnesses. She is a certified court interpreter in the U.S. District Courts and the State of Nevada. The followings show a few of her works:
- The Sega Sammy Group: Interpreted for the chairman at the Nevada Gaming Board.
- DOJ Antitrust Investigation: Reviewed and translated key documents for investigation.
- Latham & Watkins LLP in San Francisco, CA: Interpreted Japanese witness depositions in class actions involving automobile parts industries.
- The Nevada Gaming Commission: In a criminal investigation of Wynn Resorts under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, investigated and translated key documents.
Mieko is also a conference interpreter with many years of experience interpreting for world class leaders including the president of Nissan, XIV Dalai Lama, Sir Richard Branson, Dr. Stephen R. Covey, a recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize former South Africa President F.W. deKlerk, and 20 others.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
J.D. with Business Law Certificate, 2005: Western State University, College of Law, Fullerton, CA BS, Urban Studies and Planning: California State University Northridge, CA, Dean’s List
AA, English Literature: Kobe Yamate Women’s College, Kobe, Japan.
Email: email@example.com ● Phone: 818.470.1922
Her full C.V. is available upon request.